We don’t just build websites at Carousel Projects, we build sites specifically optimised for search. Whether it’s a company website or an eCommerce development you can be assured that we possess the expertise to create the most search engine optimised website you could possibly have.
As an SEO company building websites, you get the best of both worlds. Too often you can be presented with a site that is completely dead in Google. The reason is simple – the developer has done what he does best and that is to give you the best looking site. But why can’t you have both? Why can’t you have a great site which is perfectly optimised for Search? Well now you can because that is what we do.
Our newest project was for a contract catering company in Manchester. His old site was well past its sell-by date. It would be easy to disrespect the builder of that site but frankly, it was of its time. Nothing wrong with that but the problem is that old sites suffer from page bloat. What once was a great site quickly becomes old and dull. People create blog posts that cannibalise on site SEO. So the site begins to drop in Google because all focus has been lost.
SEO Optimised Websites
What we do when we build your new website:
Focus on Ranking – Each page whether it’s a corporate site or full eCommerce development needs to have a reason to be there and a proper focus keyword or a group of them which are contextually similar. For the catering site, the home page had to focus on ‘contract catering, corporate catering, contract catering companies and semantically similar keywords & phrases. Thus we achieved our aim within one month of launching:
- Catering Contractors UK position 3
- Contract Catering UK position 2
- Contract Caterers position 2
- Contract Catering Company position 3
- Contract Catering Companies position 2
- Contract Catering position 4
- Site Structure – This is more complicated for an eCommerce website but we do go into more detail about a properly structured online store set-up on a Visualsoft SEO page. The ideas are the same for Magento, Shopify or any other platform. The site must have a logical hierarchy so that link juice can flow from the top pages, home and gender for example down through the categories and sub-categories finishing at the product level.
- Content – We organise all of the page content for the site. Either providing the owners with a list of keywords for each page so that they can write their own contextually rich content or writing is ourselves. We have a team of content writers who are dedicated to making each page keyword rich without stuffing, giving each page its own position in search.
- Meta Tags – We focus on the optimum tags for each page focused around the keyword research we carry out for content. This gives each page its own special reason to exist and separates each page into its own unique but contextually rich subject.
- Images – Every image on our websites have keyword rich Alt tags – these tell Google the subject of each image. Google cannot determine the content of an image (not yet anyway) so we have to tell them what is in each one. As a result not only is each page strengthened from an SEO perspective but each image appears in Google’s image search. This further enhances the site’s overall SEO and has the advantage of bringing visitors to your website.
- Internal Linking – This creates a rich flow of ‘juice’ around the website helping search engines understand the content and relativity between pages. We make sure that each page is linked to every other through the menu but also through other on page links.
- Canonicalisation – Where we feel that pages need to exist for the user but present a duplicate content issue for Google we will often canonicalise them together so that they do not fight for position in search engines. Keeping to the mantra of one subject – one page.
- Responsive & Mobile Friendly – With browsing from mobile devices now make up to 60% of online usage, your website must be mobile friendly. We achieve this by using responsive layouts that morph to different sizes to suit the various devices. From iPhones to tablets and full desktop screens our sites fit every variant. We even resize buttons and call to action so that they are visible on smaller screens.
- Site Speed – Now used as a ranking factor for Google site speed is critically important to your website’s success. It’s no good creating the most optimised website on the net if users simply can’t access it quickly enough. Some research suggests that up to 20% of potential visitors will leave a slow site for each second they are kept waiting.
- Security – Google now favours sites that not just protect check out pages with a security certificate but protect the whole website. This is abbreviated to SSL which stands for Secure Socket Layer and is a way of encrypting the data that is passed to your browser. All of our sites carry an SSL certificate which you can see from the HTTPS protocol and the green padlock or status in the address bar.
- What will it cost? – SEO sites are more expensive than ordinary websites because all of the on-page SEO is built in. It also depends on whether you write your own content or employ the services of our SEO specialists to write the content for you. Content writing is hugely important – we cannot stress that enough! The best way to find out the likely cost is to pick up the phone today and ask us. We are extremely open, honest and easy to work with so ask away – a phone call costs next to nothing and an email is free!
If you would like us to quote you for building the next generation, SEO optimised website then contact us today!